Tuesday 21 August 2012

Bristol Festival of Nature

Bristol Festival of Nature was a big success this year with lots of great stalls. The People and Wildlife tent had one wall covered in pictures showing all the fun stuff the project has done and all the people it has worked with.



In the middle was the Meadow Memories structure. The public wrote their best wildlife experiences on a people petal. Then they stuck them on to sticks and pushed them into the heads to create flowers.








 Here are some of our favourite meadow memories:

"My best wildlife experience is all of the flowers"

"When I counted lots of insects with bug man Pete on the Bioblitz day"

"Seeing a badger in my garden at night"


"When I saw a jay in the trees. When I saw two deer, a mother and a fawn. When 9 bluetits were eating at my birdfeeder."


We were also giving away PAW parcels which are packed full of wildlife activities including a flat-pack bird box.



No comments:

Post a Comment